Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Weak

Yeah I know I havent been great at updating this thing and as one of my colleagues at work would say, "Weak", hence the title and the double meaning it has since I really havent update this in a week.

The week has been fairly uneventful as a whole but definitely still somewhat of a roller coaster ride not only emotionally but physically. Hardcore gym time starts on Monday when I come back from the Great White North, well really just Pittsburg NH, but close enough. Should be a a fun time had by all, but very cold.

I'm in a good place right now as well as I'm slowly starting to realize. My job is going well, I have a new look on life and the people around me and I have nothing holding me back from making some big decisions as they may come throughout the year. Over the last two years I was always making decisions based on what might happen or how it might or might not affect someone else. I've turned that corner now and understand that in order for those things or those people to be in my future I need to focus on myself and better every aspect of my life or nothing changes, just one endless circle.

And while other things have been stagnant in my life over the past year I've definitely noticed a change in the way I look at things, interact with the people around me and what's important in not only in the present but also the future. Giant changes are a' comin in 2009, no holds barred. Anyone who wants to enjoy the ride, you know where to find me.

Just a few quick observations over the past week:

-Going out with someone new is really nervewracking, not only for the date but also in trying to figure out just what the other person is thinking after the fact. Not looking forward to this, lol.

-Being asked to be in someone's wedding party is an honor I will never turn down, but nothing will make me happier than to be able to be on the other end of that conversation at some pointin the near future.

-Sunday football feast was exceptional, the Sunday football games were not.

-I hate snow but I hate people that can't drive in the snow even more.

-The mall is a deadzone. Even the amount of annoying tweens and teens were hard to find when I was there the other day.

Quote of the day (or week): "Whether it is the best of times or the worst of times, it is only time we have."

No comments:

Post a Comment