Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Beginning of the end...err I mean beginning.

Well it's December 31st and I look back at the same time last year at the hope I had for this year to be the year that everything came together. And while things have come together in certain aspects of my life, sometimes I think I focused on things I maybe shouldn't have too much.

This year I've decided that I am going to put equal focus on the things in my life that I am trying to improve and cut out the things that are keeping me from attaining those goals. Things like advancing my career, getting healthy and getting love back in my life.

I guess I've always known what I wanted. But when other things are crumbling around you, it becomes increasingly harder to keep your eye on the prize when your mind and soul are continuously spinning out of control.

But in any case I am pushing all of that to the side and really turning a corner here. This last year has allowed me to start looking at the big picture and I'm definitely liking the view.

Couple of quotes I've seen recently that I thought made a lot of sense:
"Every exit is but an entrance to somewhere else"

and

"You can’t make someone love you, all you can do is be someone who can be loved, the rest is up to the person to realize your worth."

Peace , Love and Everything You Want in the New Year. See you in 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment