Sunday, March 8, 2009

Serious Post.....as if all my other ones have'nt been, lol.

So I was on Yahoo! today just looking at news stories and came across this one that really made me assess how we should really look at the politicians we root for and even the ones we don't.

Story is here-http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/08/fashion/08conserve.html?hp?no_interstitial

Now while I do keep up on current events and read a lot of stuff online, I will give this kid a large advantage in the smarts dept. But sometime's decisions, important decisions aren't just about black and white numbers and intelligence.

Sometimes It's about understanding a good deal more about how the world works and experience in solving problems before. Sometimes it's about living in all types of environments and all types of situations. Sometimes it's about knowing that the best decision isn't always the smartest decision.

I mean seriously, this kid hasn't even and won't have to experience high school, now there's a good first big life experience.

And while I think brainwashing is a little too harsh of an indictment against the parents, I think if they grounded their kid a little more, and I dont mean putting him in his room for a weekend, would do a little good in taking the Hollywood out of him, but then again he is an actor.

And while I do agree partly with Lisa Pasquale at the end of the story about life experiences, it will take more than a few more conferences to give him that perspective. You know it cause you lived it.

What it boils down to for me is that all the pandering that these people in the story are doing to this little kid who has barely passed or is barely coming upon puberty is a little discerning. Call me when your biggest life concern isn't not being able to stay up past nine.

No comments:

Post a Comment